Business Owners Policy (BOP)
As a business owner, you strive to make decisions that are right for your business, your employees, and yourself. This includes decisions about business insurance. You know you need excellent coverage. You don't, however, have time to become an expert in business insurance. That’s where APIA Insurance can help. We provide comprehensive Business Owners Policy (BOP) Insurance to many businesses throughout Alaska, Georgia, Nevada, and Nebraska. A BOP combines all different coverages into one policy to protect your small to medium-size business assets.
What is a Business Owners Policy (BOP)?
A Business Owners Policy (BOP) is a package of coverages combining property, liability, and business interruption coverage for small to medium-sized businesses. This packaged coverage is generally less expensive than when purchasing coverage separately. With a BOP you have the ability to customize the policy to meet your individual business needs. A BOP is not appropriate for all businesses so talk to an agent about whether or not this type of policy is for you.
What Do Business Owners Policies Cover?
We can tailor a package to fit the needs of your industry. Many industries have specialized packages for their Business Owners Policies. At APIA Insurance, we can evaluate the needs of your industry and provide a customized option that covers your needs and is specific to your industry.
Business Owners Policies include:
- Property Coverage - protecting your building and contents that are owned by the company.
- Liability Protection - covering the company's products or operations that may result in the damage or injury to another.
- Business Interruption - this protects your company from fire or other accident that may result in loss of income or operation of the company.
- Other Coverages - may include equipment breakdown, crime, liability, signage.
What is the Difference between a Business Owners Policy and General Liability Insurance?
Whereas BOP is a package of coverages, General Liability (also known as “Commercial Liability Insurance”) is a broad commercial insurance policy that covers general liability exposures of a business. General Liability is only a small, yet important, portion of insurance coverage that you need to properly protect your business. Perhaps you need general liability coverage that includes operations. Or, you need to add business auto coverage or commercial property insurance. Whether you are a home-based business, small service provider, or contractor, APIA Insurance will work with you to find the right combination of business insurance coverage to meet your specific needs. Contact us today!
In addition to advising you on the right coverage, we provide additional services, such as:
- Loss Prevention Programs—with our insurance company partners, we can evaluate your business's current conditions and recommend ways to lower property, auto, workers compensation or liability losses. Lower losses will not only lower your insurance costs, but also increase your productivity by avoiding downtime.
- Quick Claim Response—when you do have a claim and need fast and fair service, we work with you to make that happen. That's why we only represent companies with excellent records for settling claims fairly and promptly.
- Competitive Rates—many of the insurance companies we represent specialize in insuring specific types of businesses or industries, offering special coverage and pricing.
To see if your business qualifies for one of these special programs, contact APIA Insurance for more information. Give us a call at 1-800-890-5563.